Thursday, September 15, 2016

Ode to Erykah Badu: G.O.A.T

So I'm sitting here thinking to myself, why am I the way I am. Then it hits me. Its because I was blessed to be able to have such amazing women knocking down walls. On every occasion I find myself thanking Erykah Badu. That's because to me she's one of my biggest influences. She was never afraid to be herself even if it made others uncomfortable. that alone gave me a sense of freedom,a drive to be my own authentic self. From her music to her fashion to her way of thinking, it constantly makes me want to evolve as a young black woman.

There's not many women in the industry that you can honestly say stayed true to themselves throughout their whole career and Erykah Badu is one of few. No matter what was going on in fashion or music she always seemed to march to the beat of her own drum. Erykah is Art and to me art is suppose to push the envelope and make the mind think more and the heart feel more. With Erykah Badu creating her own lane she was able to become a fixture in soul music and hip hop. She is absolutely timeless in a industry that will chew you up and spit you out.

Erykah Badu is not only relevant to my blog but also the inspiration behind it. From her style to her spirit, every essence of her was used to add a sense of freedom to this blog. The women that will be  featured on this blog will embody the phenomenal qualities like Erykah. They will be electrifying, Beautiful,Fierce, Non-conformity, and inimitable. Shes a Strong Black woman and a force to reckoned with.



No comments:

Post a Comment